Sunday, May 9, 2010

The End Is In Sight, Almost

This weekend was one of ups and downs. Saturday I made progress on the trim (all cut and painted and ready to install), painting the ceiling, sealing the tile on the floor and shower walls. I updated all of the lights in the bathroom and am very happy with the look of everything so far.
I also had some slow downs in the shower installation and had to remove a piece of tile to make it fit. I also am having an issue with some grout drying on the shower floor which is slowing my finishing process. I bought the toilet, and tonight after trying to install it realized that it just won't work in the bathroom. It stuck out to far. So off to the Depot to return that and continue the search.
I am ready to finish installing the trim, secure the vanity and hook up the plumbing. I will finish sealing the shower once all the grout is dry.

I didn't do a lot of work today as I rode "Pearl" to my parents for mothers day. Oh yeah, Pearl is my new ride. She arrived last week and I picked her up on Saturday. Let's say the 34 degree temperature and riding a motorcycle are two things I hope to never combine again, but I got some good miles on and I love the new bike. I will get some pics up this week.

Happy mother's day to all those wonderful mom's I know. Especially my sister, sister-in-law, grandma and of course my own mother. You all make the world a better place.

No comments: