Sunday, August 31, 2008

Twins??? In Madison??

August 2, 2008- As some of you know, my good friends Susan and Carl were blessed with twins in early July. Sam and Ella were quite a surprise, but all seem to be doing well when I arrived. Susan gives me a hug and says, "here, have a baby." Sam and I bonded immediately. I was pretty much with a baby in hand the rest of the weekend. We took them to their first State Street lunch and afternoon trip. Topped off of course with a cold one at the union.
The next morning Susan and I ventured out with the twins to the farmers market around the Capital. We got a lot of looks, not sure if that's because we each had a 3 week old child on our chest in the Baby Bjorn, or if they thought we were a lesbian couple with 3 week old babies on our chests. We tried not to hold hands or anything obvious, but it was a good time. We also sampled multiple cinnamon rolls to find the best one to bring home to Carl. We feel it was a sacrifice we could handle.
I had a little slumber party with Sam and Ella so Susan could sleep and Carl could go meet some boys for a drink. It was pretty fun, they are good cuddlers.

We pretty much hung out, grilled out and Susan and I got to go see a movie. It was a great weekend and I miss all 4 of them already.
Below, Sam is sporting his onesie I made them, One Fisch, Two Fisch. Sam came out second so he got the Two. For those that do not know, their last name is Fischer.

No comments: