Monday, November 19, 2007

Home

11/19/2007- So I have been home for a week or so and now am staying put for a few months. So I thought I would take this time to update all of you on what else goes on in my life besides being a world traveler.

As most of you know, I am a very proud high school swim coach. This past weekend my team, the Wayzata Trojans competed at the state swim meet. Although we didn't finish as well as I hoped we would, we proved that we had some real good kids and some great talent. After a good night on Friday in prelims, we were in a position to finish in the top 5 if we swam well on Saturday. Unfortunately, we had a mishap the first event and our relay was disqualified. So after a little pep talk, we regrouped and finished the meet well. We finished 9th as a team, but the absolute highlight for all of us was our 200 Free Relay repeating as state champs. What made this feat amazing was that 3 of the 4 swimmers from last years relay, graduated last year. We also broke the school record by .03 seconds. It was a great night. Check out my champs below.

2 comments:

MollieJoy said...

Congrats on the win and to another good season!

. said...

That was such an awesome relay to watch! Your girls swam really well that night in finals!