Sunday, November 11, 2007

Off to Ireland

3/22/2007- Since turning 30 is supposed to be a big deal I thought I'd give myself a nice birthday present, three days in Ireland after my trip to Norway! My first stop in Dublin was the Guinness Brewery. Although the tour was amazing, the beer was not the greatest. I had my first and probably last glass of the great Guinness, although the environment was incredible.





Day two I ventured on the train to the western side of the country. After touring a castle and having lunch at an Irish pub, I saw the amazing cliffs of Moher. These were absolutely awe inspiring and we were lucky that we got some amazing weather the day we were visiting the cliffs.






On my final day in Dublin I spent the majority of the day walking all over the city. It was a city full of amazing architecture, bridges, parks, shops, and of course, pubs. After a day of walking all over Dublin, I walked over to the Rugby pitch and took in my first professional Rugby game. It was cram packed in the stands and I had a great seat in the middle with all of the local fans. Our team had an amazing comeback so everyone left happy.


I am now off for the airport and heading back to Minnesota. I have had an amazing trip, first to Norway and then to celebrate my birthday to Ireland. It was an amazing country and I hope to come back sometime and explore the rest of the country. Tune in next time for my next trip to Iceland....

No comments: