Friday, December 12, 2008

Chamonix, France


December 12, 2008- So as you all can see I had an amazing trip to France this week to find housing for next year. I stayed in the town of Chamonix. This is a very cute ski town nestled beneath Mont Blanc, one of the highest peaks in the Alps. It is a very active tourist town with lots to do. I will be back often I am sure next year.

Below are some pictures I took of my morning walk through town.

They run gondolas between these peaks. I will totally be doing that at some point!

For those who were wondering, I look the same in France and don't expect that to change:) Although the amazing pastry shops will pose a challenge to me, but I found an amazing trail along a river right outside of our office. So my lunch breaks will include some time there. I cannot wait!


An Advent Calendar on the side of a house... yeah, who wouldn't do that??? It was pretty cool. Although I prefer the old chocolate versions we used to get.
The local bars and restaurants were very cute and I found an amazing coffer/pastry/chocolate shop that I will be taking all of my visitors too!! I am very excited to be heading over. It is a gorgeous part of the world and I look forward to working hard and playing hard.
Thanks for checking in. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Nicole Johnson said...

Beth..that looks awesome. I'm so jealous. Can I come live with you in that beautiful place? Hee Hee!!

Merry X-Mas to you and your fam. Have fun with the nephews. :)

Jessica Gammey said...

beth, this is AMAZING! I want to be a spoiled visitor!

enjoy your time before you leave, but live it up over there!

megha said...

Beth..that looks awesome. I'm so jealous.

Chamonix