Thursday, December 18, 2008

Second Annual Holiday Update

Happy Holidays everyone, or I guess I can say Merry Christmas to this crowd:)

So 2008 is almost done. Who could believe what a year it has been? I will try to sum it all up in 1 page or less, but it has been a busy year so we will see what I can do.

So this has been a busy year for me traveling. I have reached Gold Status for the first time with Northwest. I don’t feel as special as I thought I would, but oh well.
Where have I been this year?

February- Amsterdam
March- Sweden and Finland for our Annual Snow Meeting.
April- Colorado to visit Emily and Lars with Terri.
May- I actually stayed in MN for the month!!
June- California for the birth of my nephew Henry and then to Park City, Utah for a video shoot for work.
July- Cali for baptism and then off to Las Vegas for our Summer Sales Meeting.
August- In MN with the start of the swim season on August 11th.
October- Germany for a tradeshow and then the big trip of the year was in late October.
October/November- I spent one week in Australia and one week in Italy. I literally flew around the world. I would be content if I never did it again!! It was an amazing trip, but a little cold got me down and just took me a long time to adjust to my own time zone when I got back.
December-France to find housing for next year…. And that is the next story.

In April or May our general manager sat me down and asked if I had any interest in doing an overseas assignment for 6 months to a year. I think he was surprised at how enthusiastic my answer was. Of course it was YES! We started brainstorming possible locations and what the assignment would entail and now I am only about 5 weeks away from my departure to France. I will be working in Southeast France near the Italy and Switzerland borders. It is a gorgeous mountain area that has been called the Aspen of the Alps, but I think it is much better. I am looking forward to the assignment and spending time overseas developing myself and the relationships with my overseas colleagues.

Forecast for 2009- I think it is going to be a great year. I plan to work hard on my overseas assignment and think it will be amazing time for me. I will be back in the states for the girl’s swim season in August. We have a great group of young girls and I think 2009 might be our best year since I’ve been there. This will be my 5th year coaching. I am still not getting married or having kids anytime soon, but I am very happy and think that will only get better in 2009.

Please check back often in 2009. I plan to become an expert blogger and be sure to keep all of my family and friends up to speed with what is going on in my life in France. I know there will be many firsts for me while I am there and I look forward to sharing them with all of you.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all of you!!

Love,
Beth

1 comment:

. said...

You've had an incredible year - and our family is very thankful to have you in our lives! We can't wait to see what 2009 holds for you and Henry & Mommy can't wait to see you in France in May!!! We love Aunt Beth!!!
See you soon...