Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Words Cannot Describe....

December 9, 2008- So today was my day with Frederique, I know, how French! She was my housing consultant. She was about 50, married, 3 kids, pretty good English. We had a blast! So we started the day looking at a 300 square foot apartment in Chamonix. Great town, very small living space. I could not do it. I love Chamonix and will come back for sure, but will not be living there. From there we went to look at a place about 25 minutes away, but only 5 minutes from the office. So those of you who know how much I like traffic can imagine how I felt about that place:) We got in the car with the owner and proceeded to get on this little windy road through a forest of green trees, moss and small creeks. We wound up the side of a huge hill and came to rest on a farm site. It has the best view I had seen and the apartment was amazing!! I won't even try to describe, look below.

My View

Outside of the Apartment...

My side patio...

Living room...

Kitchen and Dining Room
This place was all tiled, two bedrooms, 3 beds. Huge open kitchen. It was all I could ask for. It is on a hillside overlooking our office and a gorgeous lake. It is close to a town but will be very quiet. I will be staying here for January and February... I will explain. This renter has many properties. I like the idea of spending some time out of a city and being on my own. She had another property closer to a main town, St. Gervais, but was not free until March. So in mid-March, I will move to that property. It is bigger and even nicer. I am going to be spoiled as will my visitors. Check out some pics of my second home in the next posting.

No comments: