Friday, February 5, 2010

California Kids Come East

January 2nd this year Sara, Dom and the boys flew in for a week long visit. Katie and I picked them up at the airport (we can't fit in one car anymore) and we headed over to Steve and Gretchen's to meet their new cousin and nephew, Myles.


We hung out all night and played some Wii. It was entertaining to say the least. Sunday we got up and stopped to see Chris and Jen and meet little TJ. The dad came and whisked them off to Hutch for the week. I put in a hard week of work and then headed to Hutch for the weekend.

We went swimming at the middle school for about a half hour before we were freezing, only to realize that we had cold showers too!! The boys seemed to be ok, but Dom and I were ready to be warm again.

The Blue Tongue is From Frosting, Not the Cold Water

Saturday, we had planned a surprise 60th b-day for my dad, and also a 4th birthday party for Adam. It was a great time. My grandparents, and a lot of my dad's siblings came over to help us celebrate. It is always wonderful to see all of them. After the party we headed back to my place for one more night of hanging out, reading books, watching movies and seeing some more friends.

As always, their visits go too quickly and I miss them as soon as they leave. I hope to get out to Napa sometime this year for a visit. The boys are growing up and changing so quickly. They definitely keep me on my toes!

1 comment:

. said...

...and we had such a blast too!!! Thank you so much for everything you did to help make our trip fun - especially for the boys - they miss you so much!!!
Love,
Sara