Saturday, February 27, 2010

School is Done, Time for Some Fun!!

As most of you may or may not know, I have been working on my MBA for three years. Well I can now say I am done!! Last Thursday I completed my last final and turned in my last group project. I am thrilled to be done and very proud that I managed to get this degree while working full-time and coaching for part of it.

Now that I am done, I needed something new to fill my time...... so I had planned to redo my bathrooms and started planning for the downstairs bathroom a few months ago. I was pretty excited to start demolition, but told myself I could not start until I was done with school, so I get to rip stuff apart!!
Before I began real demo, some before pictures.



Day One: Only 45 minutes to do all this!

Day Two: Another hour or so and got it almost ready to start adding stuff back in.

Linoleum is my new least favorite type of flooring. Actually it is more the glue than the flooring itself. But a spray bottle and an awesome scraper have helped me so far.



I will continue to post updates as the progress continues. I will be in a holding pattern until my contractor and lead worker (aka. My Brother) can swing over for a day. I need to level the floor before I tile and really kick start my tile work.

Funny story for the first two days: I realized that when you unscrew a shower handle, and the water source is still turned on, you will get a face/head full of water. Not too funny with a drill in hand and clothes on, but lesson learned.


I have purchased the toilet, vanity, sink and faucet. Looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for tracking the progress with me.

2 comments:

. said...

Wow - can't believe how quickly you did all that demo work - definitely some of the funnest work! Although I'm sure putting it all back together they way YOU want it will be gratifying! Can't wait to see the "after" photos!

Amy Marsh said...

We have two bathrooms that need to be re-modeled when you get the chance. Thanks. Hope everything is going well!