Friday, March 12, 2010

Level One... Done

Last night was my first adventure with laying down the concrete floor in the shower. I am building a custom shower pan since I expanded the shower, a fiberglass base was not in the size I needed. Plus it's fun to tackle new challenges. I mixed up a half bag of sand mixture, only to realize that I would be heading back to Home Depot, for the second time that day to get more. Luckily the Depot is about 10 minutes away. I wish they had a frequent flier card for that store.

So after I got more cement, I got the rest of the floor laid and sloped to the drain. I was a little picky about some lines in the cement, but then realized it doesn't matter. This will be under a rubber sheet, another layer of cement, and mortar and tile...... a few little lines won't kill me.

I checked on the drying this morning and all looks great. I will be laying the rubber sheet tonight and then more cement. Should be a productive weekend in the bathroom..... don't take that the wrong way :)

No comments: