Monday, March 15, 2010

Ode to Drywall.....

I have found a new found respect for the people who spend their lives with drywall. You must be the most patient people ever, or crazy, I'm not totally sure. Sunday afternoon, I managed to fight with some cement board and got 2 1/2 walls done in my shower yesterday. It is the first time the f-bomb has been uttered throughout the entire project, which I think is a good sign to make it this far without swearing. But I did get it done. Now I have one more board to put in place, tape the final wall, mud it and sand it all.

Tonight I will be laying the final cement in the base to get that ready for tile after I finish the walls in the shower. My cousin Chris came over this weekend and helped me get the plumbing started. He left me his tools and I cut some copper pipe and sautered it back together to lengthed the shower height and finished the new shower head and handle. And it didn't leak!! Pretty cool. Chris then stopped back over to wire a light for the shower and help me finish the framing of the walls. Now it is getting close to tile time. I am very happy with the progress and where I am with my budget. Right on track so far. A few more hours of work this week before I go to Chicago with mom and dad and then off to Texas for a week for work.

Here is the progress as of Sunday night, it's coming together! Oh, and Myles came over for a visit with Steve, mom and dad.

1 comment:

. said...

Good for you!!!! You should be on a DIY show or something!!! And a cute pic of our nephew - thanks for sharing :)
Love,
Sara