Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bathroom Update

Well, after a few weeks off after travelling and recuperating, I hit the bathroom hard this past week. I finished sheetrocking and then began to prep for the tile!! Steve brought me his tile saw on Easter so I was ready to go.

I went to Home Depot (of course I did) to get some primer and also picked out my paint color for my ceiling. I primed the walls after the final mud and sanding process was completed. I also wired the light switch, with only two shocks in the process. Lesson learned.


Today I finally got comfortable with the tile saw and was able to get the curb completed. It is drying as we speak and so far, only one piece of tile scrapped. Actually, it wasn't a total loss, I was able to salvage half of it for a piece of the curb. I only swore a couple time and only cut my hand once, so all in all, a successful day.


On top of working on the bathroom, Katie and I tackled the garden today. I dug up the grass and put in a new small fence around the garden. Katie got the small pots planted and we will keep working on that project. For now, more time in the bathroom this week to try and get the tile done in the shower. Then onto grout.......

No comments: