Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cologne, Germany


October 8, 2008- Well, after some long days of set-up and press people, the show is over for me. We had an amazing booth. It was a big improvement over the past years and everyone loved the new look. We had a great team dinner last night, topped off with quite possibly the best apple strudle and vanilla custard I have ever tasted. YUM!! And of course, Jaegermeister.

It was a brewhouse that was built in the 1300's. Great atmosphere and German food. We all had a great time and left very full!!

After dinner, we of course found another little bar for an after dinner beer or two.

This morning we went to the show for a couple hours and I did my walk of the show gathering research on booths and marketing materials. Then me and some of the guys headed back downtown for lunch and a tour of the Dom Cathedral. We walked the entire Cathedral, then paid 2,50 Euro to climb the bell tower stairs. All I can say is, feel the burn!! It was so worth the effort. We were at the top of the Dom, and I mean the top. My legs were shaking climbing the last set of stairs as you could see how high you were. Not really fun, but the view was more than worth the fear.

So I will now retire to my room, pack and go to bed early. I am jumping in a cab at 4:45am, so sleep is a key piece to my sanity at the end of this trip.

I will be home for 2 weeks and then it is down under for me. My first trip to Australia. I am very excited about it as will be doing a Victory ride along the coast. From Australia I go straight to Italy for our next tradeshow. It will be a crazy but exciting 2 weeks for me.

Thanks for checking in and catch you back in the states soon!

1 comment:

. said...

I live vicariously through your blog - can't wait to meet you in France next year! Have a safe flight home :)
Love,
Sara