Tuesday, October 28, 2008

G'Day Mates!!

Day One- October 26, 2008- Well what can I say, Australia rocks! It has been 3 days, and I am still severely messed up on sleep, but as you will all tell me, I cannot complain because I am in Australia!! So let's start back at the beginning....

I get to LAX with 2 1/2 hours to spare and am excited that I will not have to rush through the ticket counter or security. I check in and have "requested" an aisle seat (some of you may know, I am tall). Much to my dismay, the flight is full and I can only manage a middle seat... yes you heard me a middle seats. For the longest flight of my life, I got a middle seat!!Thank you to my phone call and text friend who helped me stay calm and awake until I got on the flight, you were a lifesaver and you know who you are! But trooper that I am, sucked it up and slept for about 6 hours, then watched 3 movies and before I knew it I was in Australia!

So the first day we all arrive to the hotel by noon and we are off for the day. No rest for the weary... We went to the new Victory dealership, then spent a great night on the river with a few drinks and an amazing dinner.

Day Two- October 27, 2008- Meeting day. We spent the day at the Polaris Australia office with their staff in meetings and had a great Victory ride at the end of the day. It was a wonderful day, but lack of sleep is not helping me at this point. As some of you know, when traveling, we like to eat nice dinners. And this means long dinners, like 4 hours! So most of you know I am not the most daring eater, but since taking this job I think it is only fair to try the local foods in the countries I am in and tonight was no exception. We went to a beautiful restaurant called the Lake House. When we got the menus, it was clear what I had to do, there was no backing down from the challenge. So my appetizer who I named Ernie and my main course who I named Skippy were ordered. Ernie was a smoked eel and Skippy, was yes, a kangaroo. Both were amazing!!! Check out the pics of my two new friends...
Day Three- October 28, 2008-Riding with the big boys. Today we rode the bikes for almost 220km. At speeds between 120-130 km at times. Mom, I'll let you figure out how fast I was going:) But it was a great day. I was the only female driving and I was no "Sally". I held my own and got comfortable in the twists and turns of the Great Ocean Road. It was an amazing ride and we have one more long ride ahead of us tomorrow. Check out some pics from the ride today.
Check back soon for more updates!!

2 comments:

MollieJoy said...

Hellz no you ain't so Sally!!! LOL. Australia sounds and looks AMAZING! I'm so excited that you're having a good time (and completely envious).

Have fun and ride safe!

Mollie :)

. said...

Wow...sounds like you're having a great trip! Awesome pics...hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and can get some sleep when you're back home!