Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wrapping up Australia Leg...

Day Four- October 29, 2008- We arrived in the city of Lorne last night about 6pm. It was a 3 hour ride and the last hour was along the Australian south coast, absolutely breathtaking. This morning I was up early so went for a walk on the beach right after sunrise. I got some amazing pictures and think some will definitely make it onto my walls back home.

From there we rode for an hour further up the coast before we cut through a mountain. It was by far the most technical ride I have ever done, sharp corners and a lot of them. I felt very comfortable and it was a great learning experience. I went a little faster today than yesterday on the straightaways, but I won't say how fast since mom might get mad:) But as always, I was as safe as I could be.

From there we ended up back at the office. We rode for about 3 1/2 hours and my rear end was ready to get off the bike!!

Before we headed back to Melbourne, we stopped at an animal park. We got to feed kangaroos and pet a koala bear. It was so amazing to see and pet these animals.
They were smaller than most normal kangaroos, but that we ok with me.
I learned that if you are holding the bag of food, you are an easy target!!
But we all had fun and it was amazing to see these animals up close.

Today we are going to the Melbourne Motorcycle show and an awards dinner tonight. Then one more day for me before I jump on a flight, which I just found out will take me 24 hours to get to London.... I'm a little sad about that. But I will have an extra day in Milan before I have to start setting up for the show. I will have some time to recover so all will be great.

Thanks for checking in and hope all are well stateside. Miss you all and will be home very soon!

1 comment:

. said...

Awesome pics - can't wait to show them to Adam tomorrow! And you called from Australia!!! I didn't call you back because I thought you might be recoving from your trip...but then I remembered that you were supposed to go to Italy...guess I'm just confused - what's new!?!?! :)
Keep the blogs coming...love reading about your travels!