Sunday, April 5, 2009

Annecy, Round Two

Saturday marked my second trip to Annecy. If you recall, my first visit was to see the doctor and get my medical clearance for my work visa. It was a rainy day and not that much fun. This time was different! I went with two women I work with and we could not have asked for a better day. We met at 9:30am in St. Gervais and headed off for the 50 minute drive. The sun was shining and we were all so excited.

We arrived in town, parked the car and started walking the town. We stopped for a coffee, tea and a Coke and sat along the little canal that runs through the old part of town. There were cute little stores and restaurants lining both side of the canal.

I stopped in a shop and bought a new shirt. It is like nothing I have seen before so I love it!! Really cool designs, but kind of a pricey store so we stayed by the sale items.

From there we walked to the lake and decided to drive to the other side of the lake for lunch. It was a wonderful drive and we ate at a cafe right on the lake. It was gorgeous.

We walked for a short while after and came to this amazing hotel. Looks like something out of a movie. It was built in the 20’s or so and is just huge on the edge of the lake. Pretty cool.

From there we went back to town to hit the mall. It was crazy. Lois, one of the women I was with, knew of a cookie store she said we had to go to. She was right!! This place was kid heaven. OK, I was pretty excited too. I bought a tub and could fill it with whatever different kind of cookies and biscuits I wanted.

From there we headed back to St. Gervais where we each went our separate ways. We met up a couple hours later for dinner in Chamonix. It was a great day and I slept very well.

Sunday I got up and had some more adventures, but I’ll save that for my next blog….

No comments: