Friday, April 24, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on a Train...

Contributed by Kate Holinka:
After a wonderful day of relaxing at Beth’s house we got up early the next morning and hopped the train to Paris. Beth was smart enough to take advantage of a good deal and we were able to ride in First Class. It was awesome…big seats, a table to play cards on, and enough room to eat our homemade sub sandwiches. Then “it” happened…We had to make 3 very quick stops before our train picked up to a speed of 180mph and our first stop brought us a very interesting character(s). The ‘passengers’ sat across from us in a little 2-seater area with a table. One passenger was clearly a woman that was very hoity-toity (sp?) and the other was a mystery. The first woman looked about 20 years younger than the other so I was thinking it was a possible mother-daughter duo. Beth and Shannon thought they were a couple…the jury is still out. The two people were clearly French and bitchy!

The Small Sandwiches- "American Size"

I knew going into this vacation that there would be people that would figure out that we were Americans and instantly not like us for that reason. I spent time preparing myself for the fact that I might not be liked. (p.s. That is one of my issues that I am working on). But these women picked up on our “secret” right away, especially the sexually-ambiguous one. Beth will be inserting a picture below to show you what we were dealing with on the train.

Besides that general sneers and French talk about every one that walked by- the best thing happened at our last stop before reaching Paris. On the last stop we had an unexpected passenger joined our 4-seater table and I handed my bag to Shannon and asked her to throw it up above our seat so this girl could sit down. Now we all know that Shannon has a lacking in the butt area, the “lacking” being that she can’t keep her butt-crack in her pants. Shannon gets up and exposed “THE CRACK” to the two frenchies while putting my bag away! THE SHOCK, THE HORROR! These two people had the most amazing looks on their faces…like they didn’t have butt-cracks themselves! For the rest of the train ride they pretty much looked at us and spoke French, it was great. Note to self…learn French. So just a little heads-up to anyone that wants to travel to France…they don’t like our fancy American low-rise pants or our butt-cracks.

On a side note I would like to publicly thank Beth for the amazing vacation. It was a once in a lifetime chance and I am glad I took it with two such amazingly beautiful people. Beth is an awesome planner and tour guide. Shannon kept us constantly laughing with our, “let’s see if Shannon can do it” moments and her ever-present butt crack. I can’t wait to do it again in 5 years, or so

No comments: