Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Out and About...

Mont Blanc- The Top of Europe
I had a grand plan to go venture out on Saturday, but 6 inches of fresh snow kept me inside. So Sunday I drove to Chamonix, about 15 minutes away for a nice morning of walking around the streets and finding some good pastry and hot chocolate.

The streets were filled with tourists in their skis and boots as this is high travel season and Chamonix is a world-wide destination. I heard many languages being spoken in the streets.

The fresh snow made everything look gorgeous and it was hard to stay focused on my drive as I tried not to stare off and the gorgeous mountains and fresh powder.

My favorite part was how the mountains were glowing blue with the reflection of the blue sky and the clouds. It was amazing to see.

I also got to see a glacier that is sliding between two of the peaks, it is the purest ice blue I have seen, I love it.

I got some good pastries, a ham and cheese sandwich on some great French bread and then stopped in my favorite little café for a cup of hot chocolate and a strawberry tart. It was a great way to spend my morning.

This weekend I am off for my first big solo excursion, I am heading to Torino, Italy for the weekend. I will spend Saturday night there and hope to take in some of the amazing museums and churches. You can be sure there will be several pictures on the blog after that trip!!

2 comments:

. said...

I'm so glad to see you're really exploring what's around you and even venturing to Italy this weekend - can't wait to see the pics!

MollieJoy said...

Yum!! Strawberry tarts and hot chocolate! Sounds delish!