Friday, February 27, 2009

My lunch routine...

So one of my concerns when coming to France was what would I do for my workouts? Aside from my daily hike up and down the “the hill”, I was limited in what I could do. Luckily, our office is only about ½ mile from Lake Passy. This is a gorgeous mountain lake with two trails that go completely around it. My first day in the office, I ventured out to explore the trails in 6 inches of snow. The lake is amazing. Completely surrounded by mountains, it is a gorgeous view all the way around.

So it has become my daily lunch routine to run, yes, I said run, around the lake. Those of you who know me and my strong dislike for the activity known as running may be surprised. I leave the office everyday shortly after noon. I drive the 1 ½ minutes to the lake. Park my car, change into my running gear (not spandex!), put on my iPod and start my watch. As you may know I am slightly competitive, even with myself, so I always time my runs. I always start my iPod on the same song so I know where I should be at the end of each song to know if I am on pace or not. Most days consist of one lap of solid running, followed by one lap of walking or a mix of walking and running. I throw in some push ups and dips every other day on the benches around the lake.

My goal is to make 2 laps solid running one day, but for now I am content trying to beat my time each time I run a full lap. My best so far is 13 minutes 48 seconds. I mapped it, the trail is 1.39 miles for one lap.

Currently half of the trail is snowy, icy or muddy so this hinders my running slightly, but I am looking forward to the day when it is all clear. It is an amazing place to spend my lunch hour and am thankful to have such a gorgeous place so close and accessible.

2 comments:

LittleFamily said...

Ok first we miss you, I drove by your appartment yesterday (ok if I leave the house I drive by your appartment) and though of ya.

I know I may not comment on your postings but we love watching your adventures. Oh and you have to frame a lot of those pictures you have been taking, they are awesome!!

Hope all is well over there! And enjoy the rest of your stay.

MollieJoy said...

That looks like a great way to spend your lunch! Amazing. :)