Monday, March 2, 2009

Monte Carlo... Part One

Where do I begin? This past weekend in Monaco/Monte Carlo was insane!! It was such a beautiful place, such a fun event, such a long weekend….. I don’t know where to begin. I have not downloaded my pictures yet so I will add more pictures and stories later tonight. All I have to say is the hotel might have been the nicest I have ever been in. I saw Yacht’s that cost $1 million just to fill with gas, and met 5 or the top 15 sports figures in France. It was a wickedly cool weekend. I was a tourist for about 1 hour and got some amazing pictures of this little city/country.

Here’s the deal with Monaco. It is its own little country. It has no taxes, therefore the rich and famous go there. The cost to buy property in Monte Carlo is about 20,000 Euro per square meter!! That’s one square meter!! I can’t tell you how many Ferrari’s, Mazzerti’s and Bentley’s we saw driving around. Here, a Mercedes is like a Toyota. Sad, but also fantastic to behold.

I will show you all about it later today and this week. It may need more than one blog because it was an eventful weekend!!

Check back soon.

2 comments:

. said...

Can't wait to see the pics - what a teaser post!!! Who were the sports figures?!?!

MollieJoy said...

OMG! I'm SOOO jealous! I would LOVE to go to Monte Carlo!! (Especially for the F1 race that's there every year.) Insanely cool - can't wait to hear more!