Saturday, March 28, 2009

Coming to an End

Today’s blog is good news and bad news. The bad news is that my assignment is ending early due to the financial crisis. The good news is I get to come home early. Not sure if those are contradicting or not, but it is what it is. I will be ending my stay in France on May 7th. My sister and Henry can no longer make the trip over to visit and we had to change my parents’ flights so they could still use their tickets. They will come over for my last 2 weeks here and fly home with me on May7th.

It is sad that I will not finish my time here in France, but I have had some wonderful adventures already and am sure more lie in store for me in the next 6 weeks. Of course Kate and Shannon are coming over here in 10 days and that will be a great trip for all of us.

I have been blessed with this opportunity to live overseas for almost 4 months and will remember it for a long time. I have learned a lot about the people, my job, and myself. I am thankful for all of that.

4 comments:

MollieJoy said...

Sorry to hear the bad news, but, as usual, you have an amazing attitude about it all. It is truly the adventure of a lifetime and I'm so glad you decided to share it with all of us! Enjoy the rest of your time there - see you in May!!!

. said...

Henry and I are sad too, but what can you do. Hope we'll make it out to MN this summer!

Nicole Johnson said...

Sorry to hear that your trip is coming to an end early. That is a bummer! But, you've had a life changing/one of a kind experience regardless and that's awesome.

Hope you enjoy your last few wks there. :)
--Nicole

LittleFamily said...

I am sorry to hear this but excited to see you again. :-) We'll have to have a Beth is returning party.

Let us know when you want to get together to play Wii. And know that Dan still hasn't beaten your score.

Enjoy the time with your parents and enjoy the rest of your time there.