Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Monte Carlo... the City

This was one of the richest, coolest cities I have seen. The drive along the coast I am sure was amazing, but we did both drives at night so I am not sure exactly what it looks like. I can image the little towns nestled in the valleys and the amazing harbors of the Mediterranean. I was able to be a tourist for one hour and walked to the palace and the small village area of the town. Some pictures are below and I posted a new slideshow of Monte Carlo on the right.

Small streets lined with shops and cafes.

The harbor filled with multi-million dollar yachts.

The cathedral on the right where Grace Kelly is buried.

The harbor and up on the left is the palace.

This weekend there has been a change of plans. I am going to cruise into Switzerland to a town called Martigny. About 1 hour driving for me. They have an amazing museum and a cool hiking trail to a castle through some vineyards. Still hope to ski on Sunday, but probably solo.

Hope all is well with everyone. I am home in just over two weeks!! I cannot wait.

Miss you all, thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

It's Me Again said...

Wow! It looks amazing!

MollieJoy said...

SO COOL!!!! What a place!

Can't wait to see you on your return to The Cities!!!