Friday, March 6, 2009

My Annecy Adventure

I was lucky enough to get o experience yet another new thing in France. I got o go to a Dr., in France, who doesn’t speak English very well. And get an x-ray of my lungs and chest!! What a day. Let me explain.

In order to get my residence card for my work visa, I had to get and exam in France and be cleared to live here. To bad I’ve already been living here for almost 2 months, but oh well. So I had to Annecy, about a one hour drive. I got there early so I could find where I needed to be, which was luckily next to a mall!! So I got some new jeans. Anyway, then I went to the x-ray place, no one spoke English, but the sign for take off your jacket and sweatshirt is pretty easy to follow. So after one minute I was done. Waited in the waiting room and got my x-ray. Then it was off to explore Annecy with the woman who showed me my housing, she lives there. We walked around downtown, the lake and stopped for lunch and tea. It was raining, but the town is amazing. I will go back when it is nice out. There are awesome little cafes along the rivver that runs through the old town and a beautiful lake to walk around.

So then we went to the ANAEM office and I set there for 30 minutes waiting for the French doctor. She spoke a little English. Asked about my health, did blood pressure, height, weight, etc. They gave me a clean bill of health. So I got my papers stamped and was on the road back home.

All in all, a stressful day, but in 2-3 months I will have my official residence card for France!!

This weekend I am off for some more exploring and maybe skiing, depends on the weather. Then some packing before I leave for Sweden on Tuesday.

Hope all is well. Au revoir!!

2 comments:

. said...

what? residence card?? are you staying there longer than June?

MollieJoy said...

Won't you get your residence card just in time to come back to The States?