Friday, August 6, 2010

Let the Fun Begin

So after two days of being delayed in my travels, the meeting is underway. A quick recap of what happened to my trip plans.

I arrived in Atlanta Sunday night and as I handed my boarding pass to the nice (insert sarcastic tone here) Delta employee to board the plane, she looked through my passport and advised me that I had no free blank pages so I would not be flying that night. I had open squares for stamps, but not a full blank page for my visas. I was sent back to Minneapolis that night ad got home at 1:00am. I spent the next day on hold and at the regional passport office in downtown Minneapolis getting more pages added to my passport. At 2:00pm on Monday I had my passport back in hand and was ready to go. I got booked on a new flight at 1:00pm Tuesday and arrived in South Africa at 5:00pm Wednesday after the 15 hour flight. We then took a 3 hour car ride to the hotel and that is where we stand. Good thing that the passport thing happened while I was in the US, since I would most likely not have gotten in Zambia for my vacation after the meeting. I would have been truly disappointed had that happened.

So after seeing a lot of familiar faces, we kicked off the meeting with a cocktail hour and a buffet on the beach. It was great. This hotel is amazing. Here are a few snapshots of where we started our night last night.


Next up for me is working at the demo track all day then my favorite Swedish band is playing tonight (one of our sales guys bands)
Tomorrow at 5:45am we depart for a morning game drive. Quite excited about that.
Thanks for checking in. All is well, safe and enjoyable. I hope to post more tomorrow or the next day.
Cheers!

No comments: