Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bonjour!!

Well I did it. I moved to France. It was not the easiest thing to do, but I made it. Leaving my house on Sunday was one of the hardest things I have done. I did not think it would be as difficult as it was. Thanks to Katie for the hugs and reassuring me it would be ok. Getting my luggage all checked in was easier than I thought. All 5 pieces made it to Geneva with me. I was even able to get all 5 pieces through customs, by myself. Take a look at my good packing on the cart! Thanks to some bungees I grabbed at the last minute as I was leaving the house.

Upon arrival I was met my housing consultant and she drove me to the office to get my car. We went to the grocery store and I got supplies that will last me a week or so. Tea, cereal, eggs, pasta, milk and juice. Only the essentials! I then met my neighbors, used their internet for a while as mine was not working. I then unpacked for an hour and crashed. Watch Love Actually on my computer and fell asleep around 10:30. I climbed out of bed at 9:24am this morning so I think I am caught up on my sleep.

I awoke to snow. Took some pictures of my view out my kitchen window. Check it out!! I think I can get used to this.

I had my normal breakfast to help me feel more at home. My oatmeal and tea were very good.


I went into the office around lunch time and had lunch with 3 of the guys I will be working closely with. We discussed the assignment and life in France. It was good. Now I am in the office, probably until about 7pm or so tonight. Getting caught up and getting my feet wet here.

This will definitely be one of those life changing experiences, I can feel that already. I will learn a lot for work and think a lot about me. I am excited to see the area and just venture out on my own once in a while. Check back often for more news from my overseas adventure....

1 comment:

MollieJoy said...

So glad you made it there safely and with all of your stuff intact!!!

I love the pic in the airport.

This will surely be an incredible experience for you - truly amazing!

Can't wait to hear more....