Friday, January 23, 2009

Tunisia... Yep, it's in Africa!

I almost died!! I had to go a day and a half without internet!! Don't expect too many blogs from here as the internet is hit and miss. I hope I can make it through this one!

No pictures to add today, but wanted to let everyone know I made it safely. The country was amazing, very poor and dirty. We saw an amazing salt lake on our drive yesterday. It had rained for three days straight so there was water as far as the eye could see. It will be dry very soon. Later that night I was in the Sahara desert and saw sand as far as my eye could see. It was truly an amazing day.

Today we set up for the dealer meeting. Worked a lot and now it is close to 8:30pm and we are getting ready for dinner. I am doing well, almost caught up on sleep and so far so good with the homesickness. Work is keeping me busy and I am learning a lot about working for a subsidiary. Oh, and I am learning a little French as well!! I learned some key swear words today. It's a start. I am also helping the staff with their English so it is a good tradeoff.

Check backl alter for more updates from Tunisia.
Love and miss you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tunisia?! Have you always known about that trip? I didn't realize you were going there too...Have a good time and be safe!

MollieJoy said...

Enjoy Africa! :D Glad you made it safely and that you're enjoying the experience!